Admit it: you’ve often thought of installing a golf practice putting green in your home so you can practice your golf putting drills at anytime. You’ve often dreamed of being able to spend rainy winter afternoons perfecting your stroke, or warming up before a big game on your own putting green installation in the comfort of your own home, but didn’t really know how to go about picking out the best golf practice putting green to suit your circumstances.
When it comes to improving you golf putting game, nothing beats hard work – perhaps using one or two selected putting training aids – and plenty of practice time on the course.
However, during the off-season, it’s hard to get the time you need to perfect your game – and that’s exactly where an indoor golf putting green comes into play. The best home putting green allows you to not only boost your skills, but also eliminate the phrase “off-season” from your terminology.
Choosing the Ideal Practice Putting Green
You don’t need an expansive bank account to afford the best indoor golf putting green; here are a few techniques you can use to pick the perfect indoor practice putting green for you:
1. Take stock of where you’ll be installing your indoor golf putting green. Will it take up residence in the basement? Will it be located in the family room? The area where your home putting green will go can have a major impact on the type and brand you should buy. For example, if you’re taking up space in the basement, the best practice putting green should be a more permanent, high-quality brand. If you need to transport yours, the best practice putting green for you might be golf putting mats.
2. If you’re on the go, and would like a practice putting green that matches your hectic lifestyle, then not to worry: the best home putting green for you would be an expandable indoor golf putting green. These incredible golf putting aids can be taken apart for size reduction, meaning your indoor golf putting green can fit any room you find yourself in. Most expandable greens come with their own carrying case or backpack, meaning that this is one golfing gadget that you can literally take with you wherever you go
3. Of course, you’ll also need to assess your budget to determine which is the best golf practice putting green for you. While there are loads of high-quality indoor golf practice putting greens at every price range, there’s no denying that your budget will eventually play a role in the home putting green you choose.
For example, an average budget can net you a realistic practice putting green complete with artificial grass, while a generous budget can land you an incredible golf course simulator, complete with crystal-clear graphics. Determine how much you can afford before you start to shop, and you’ll be well on your way towards finding the best golf practice putting green for you.2. If you’re on the go, and would like a practice putting green that matches your hectic lifestyle, then not to worry: the best home putting green for you would be an expandable indoor golf putting green. These incredible golf putting aids can be taken apart for size reduction, meaning your indoor golf putting green can fit any room you find yourself in. Most expandable greens come with their own carrying case or backpack, meaning that this is one golfing gadget that you can literally take with you wherever you go.
Indoor practice putting greens can range from affordable to wildly expensive – however, you don’t have to break the bank just to afford a great indoor golf putting green. Just be sure to assess your space limitations, your lifestyle and your budget to determine which home putting green will work best for you. However, with these tips by your side you’re guaranteed to find the best golf putting green to suit your budget!
Reason why you should consider purchasing an Indoor Synthetic Putting Greens
Want a few more reasons why it’s time for indoor synthetic putting greens?
2. Modern, professional indoor practice putting greens are exactly that – professional. However, you don’t have to have the budget of a PGA pro just to afford the kind of practice putting green that helps you hone your skills. From synthetic and artificial grass to golf putting mats that replicate professional greens, today’s indoor golf putting green is an incredible resource that no golfer should be without.
3. Any golfer should be able to make the most of off-season practice. That’s what makes indoor synthetic practice putting greens so essential to improving your game. With a home putting green, and your favourite putting training aids, it’s possible for you to fine-tune your skills indoors, no matter what the weather might be like on the outside. While your friends are sitting in traffic on the way to the golf club or practice putting out in the cold, you’ll be snug and warm in the comfort of your own home, perfecting your putting stroke.
With so many benefits and uses for a practice putting green, particularly indoor synthetic putting greens, it’s no wonder more avid golfers are investing in these golf putting aids. No matter what your reasons for buying them, these professional indoor putting greens will soon have you achieving more under-par games.
Golf Drills You Can Do On Your Home Putting Green
So, cancel your afternoon appointments and get set up with your favourite putting training aids on your own practice putting green; here are a few golf putting drills that can produce significant results.
When it comes to the best golf putting drills it usually helps to go back to basics – and nothing gives you the opportunity to practice these drills like a home putting green. Even the best golfing pros need help with their fundamentals and there’s no denying that once you perfect a fundamental your golf game will improve significantly.
1. Do you have enough space for your indoor home putting green installation? Then you’re in luck: these golf putting drills will help you master the simple technique that produces incredible results.
Try this technique out on your indoor golf practice putting green. Using a steady back and thru’ motion (like using a paint brush) smoothly accelerate your putter during the forward stroke until your putter face makes contact with the ball. You’ll know you’re using this drill correctly when you feel that your putter head is accelerating to its fastest point just after making contact with the ball.
2. Here’s another of the top golf putting drills that PGA professionals swear by and that you can do it on your very own home putting green. Every golfer understands the frustration of a poor chipping stroke; however, this technique will help improve your chipping skills. Grab your go-to wedge and settle into your usual putting stance. Keeping your wrists stiff and adopting your putting grip, follow through making a smooth stroking motion. Once you’ve become familiar with this action add a ball into the drill and watch you ball finish consistently by the hole.
If your home practice putting green is located outside, then follow up the drill with this step continuing to release the club as you hit the ball. If the ball consistently lands relatively straight ahead of you then you’ve mastered the chipping stroke. If you don’t have the space for this kind of practice there are plenty of other, more compact, putting training aids available to help you practice this drill.
3. Finally, if you’re having trouble gauging the distance between you and the flag, try a couple of practice swings with your eyes fixed only on where you want the ball to land. This might feel strange at first, but it’s well worth the effort. First, settle into your usual putting/chipping stance and line up for the stroke. However, instead of looking down at your ball, or the ground in front of it, focus your eyes only on the landing spot you’ve picked out on the practice putting green in front of you. Once you’ve practiced this a couple of times go ahead and swing through to your selected landing area this time keeping your eyes over the ball until it’s well on the way to the target. It may feel awkward at first, but you’ll quickly realize that keeping your eye on the target and not the flag while practice swinging gives you a surprising amount of accuracy and control when you take this technique from your home putting green out onto the golf course.
These drills are perfect for amateurs and professionals alike, as they all focus on strengthening the fundamentals for an excellent all round golf putting game. So whether you want to master the fundamentals or you’re a professional who wants to get back to basics, try out these drills on a home practice putting green.
The weather often makes it impossible to get high-quality practice time out on the golf course. Heading to the practice range is often inconvenient, especially if you lead a busy professional and personal life. When it comes down to it, an indoor practice putting green isn’t just a luxury – they’re necessary for keeping your game alive in the off-season.